Friday, January 15, 2010

Trailer: Tekken the Movie

For some reason, Hollywood seems to be cashing in on anime and gaming franchises lately. In the past year, we've seen a CGI version of Astroboy (Why was Tenma's name changed to Bill, for heaven's sake?), a live action version of Dragonball called Dragonball Evolution and another equally legendary flop, Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Lee.
Now, sometime last year, I'd also heard of a sudden make of Tekken. Of course, I started to worry. Hollywood has released its share of fighting game related movies and none of them were enough to do the game justice. From the first Street Fighter film starring Jean Claue Van Damme and Raul Julia to the several Mortal Kombat films with another one rumored to be on the way, all of them look pretty darned shabby.

Then I saw this trailer:



I'm a little torn. For one thing, the characters look like the characters and I haven't seen anything over exaggerated yet..
But who knows. It looks pretty good but hmm... I'm still nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment